GUIDO C. PERCIASEPE ABR
Sales Representative

 

Forest Hill Signature Branch 
1440 Don Mills Rd #108
Toronto, ON M3B 3M1

‚Äč

Dir: 416.543.4998
Tel: 416.929.4343

Parkview Hills

Parkview Hill ... while significantly north of the Danforth, boasts a large Greek styled community. Parkview Hills, like most of O'Connor Parkview, has a large mix of ethnicity, income levels and housing types. The property values in this niche area continue to far surpass (on average) those in the rest of the neighbourhood. Again, property sizes are quite large and more recent work on these homes have boosted their value over the past 10 years. This area is considered the "Rosedale" of the former borough of East York

History

Parkview Hills was once part of the vast Taylor family estate. The Taylors moved to the Don Valley in the 1820's and built up a business empire that included a complex of mills and the Don Valley Brick Works. 

 

The Taylors never settled on this part of their estate however they were involved in the subdivision of land in Parkview Hills. The Taylor family are said to have named Hackberry, White Pine, Alder and Aspen streets after trees that once grew in this area. Presteign Avenue, Presteign United Church, and Presteign School are all named after the Welsh hometown of William Pugh who, along with the Taylor family, subdivided the present day neighbourhood.

 

When Parkview Hills first opened in 1947, three bedroom bungalows were sold for around $9,950. The foundations of these houses were dug using teams of horses and there were no paved roads until 1950. Local residents recall swimming and fishing in nearby Taylor Creek up until 1955 when it was deemed to be to polluted for recreational use.

Transportation

Parkview Hills residents enjoy exclusive bus service along Parkview Hills Crescent that connects passengers to the Woodbine station on the Bloor-Danforth subway line.

 

Motorists can access the Don Valley Parkway in five to ten minutes. The Don Valley Parkway provides quick and easy access to the down town core and the commuter highways north of the city.